Dear Friends:September 8th, we enjoyed a glorious all-day seminar at Concordia University in St. Paul, MN. It was a beautiful day and the turnout was great. What a joy to see old friends and meet a host of new ones.
On the 10th, we began a 3-day teaching seminar at a retreat held out in the gorgeous Wisconsin countryside with 135 in attendance. We were there Tuesday 9/11 - the day of infamy. After the initial shock and thoughts of grief for those who lost loved ones, I could only call it one thing - a wake-up call. Later I read that Israel's former Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, who knows terrorism up-front and personal, called it the same thing. And, indeed, it has rekindled the American Spirit and the realization that we are still under a prayer-answering God.
When it was first reported that our President begins each day on his knees in prayer, and that Attorney General John Ashcroft holds a Bible study each morning, the leftists ridiculed them. But I think God has already shown his response in a miraculous way. Do you realize that, after all the military activity up to the this point in time (Nov. 25th), America has not suffered a single battle related casualty? Almost as miraculous as Israel's 6-day war in 1967.
Let us hope and pray that we, as a nation, will not grow complacent, but continue to uphold our leaders and our military in fervent prayer.
Secretary's Notes: It has been 4 months since Kim left, and I have to say it has been very busy. Ever since the last newsletter, I have been jotting notes to myself of things that needed to be put in this newsletter. There were so many by newsletter time that I have numbered them .... Thank you so much for your continuing cooperation, Laura.
1) You do not have to have an order form to place an order. You can just send a note, or list the products you would like on your memo line of your check. Also, keep your product list for your reference - it is also an excellent index for what is coming up on TV and radio.
2) Remember, if the Lord does not return soon, and Les keeps his health, there will be a new book/video/audio out every 3 months. For the year 2002, there will be a new book out in February, May, August and November. If you want to be placed on our automatic distribution list, just let us know.
3) If you are getting more than one newsletter, please let us know so we can delete the duplicate. It would also be really helpful if you could try to order under the same name. We have several duplicates due to husband/wife ordering and they often end up under two different entries, rather than one.
4) We get numerous calls each week from people all over looking for Bible studies using Les's material. If you are a Bible study leader and would not mind letting us give out your name and phone number to those looking for fellowship, please let us know so we can add you to the list (we get numerous calls from the Chicago area and do not know of any Bible studies there. Perhaps one of you could pray about this and organize a Bible study there).
5) If you need a year-end receipt summary for tax purposes, please let us know and we will be happy to get that to you.
6) We have had several people ask us why we send out receipts for each donation. There are several reasons but the two most important are: a) You will know we received your money and b) I have applied that money to the correct place and entered the correct amount. In other words, it is a good way to double check me and catch any mistake I may make. So, be sure to call if you see your receipt does not reflect what it should (1-800-369-7856).
7) Thank you all so very, very much for supporting us financially and in your prayers. So many of your names have become as familiar as our own and we thank you for your faithfulness. Also, there are so many of you who, because I see your name so often or talk to you on the phone frequently, make looking forward to Glory even better because I will get to meet you all. As a note was sent to me said, "If we don't meet in this world, I'll see you where life really starts. I am looking forward to it." I thought that note summed up how I felt.
8) Another thank you to those of you who write on the memo line of your checks. To those of you newer to the ministry, you can really help out by writing on your memo line. Just write if the money is to be used for a donation, or for an invoice, or for products to be sent. If the money is for products, just put what you want sent on the memo line and save yourself writing a separate note. Just think of your memo line as a mini-letter to me. I really do read those memo lines!
9) For those of you that like to get the books to follow along with the TV shows, we will be starting book 17 by January 1st so you may want to get your order in now. Then, books 18 and l9 will take us up to about February 20th. About that time, we will begin Romans, which is covered in books 20-25.
Chicago Station Honors Les Feldick Ministries
Last Month The Total Living Network "TLN" in Chicago honored Les Feldick Ministries as the Ministry of the Month for October. TLN serves 1.4 million viewers in the Chicago area. Each month TLN chooses from its many ministries that broadcast programs and selects one to honor for their efforts.
Les and Iris received a beautiful plaque and the station ran a promotional campaign on the station telling their viewers of the award. Les was presented the plaque at Southwood Bible Church in Tulsa during his regular Friday night Bible study. Thank you TLN for your appreciation of Les Feldick Ministries. God Bless!
What In The World
"We are going to conquer America"
Article by Daniel Pipes, Courtesy of The International Jerusalem Post (November 23, 2001)
'Muslims make an incredibly valuable contribution to our country," said U.S. President George W. Bush shortly after September 11, noting they are "doctors, lawyers, law professors, members of the military, entrepreneurs, shopkeepers, moms and dads." He added, "There are millions of good Americans who practice the Muslim faith who love their country as much as I love the country, who salute the flag as strongly as I salute the flag."
These soothing words were clearly appropriate for a moment of tension and mounting bias against Muslims living in the United States; and it is absolutely true the number of militant Islamic operatives with plans to carry out terrorist attacks on the United States is statistically a tiny proportion of the Muslim population as a whole.
But the situation is more complex than the President would have it. The Muslim population is not like any other, for it harbors a substantial body - one many times larger than the agents of Osama bin Laden - that has worrisome aspirations for the U.S. Although not responsible for the atrocities in September, this militant Islamic element shares important goals with the suicide hijackers: Both despise the United States and ultimately wish to transform it into a Muslim country. However bizarre this goal, the killing of more than 5,000 Americans requires it be noted and seriously considered.
Ambitions to take over the U.S. are hardly new. In fact, the first Islamic missionary from abroad unblushingly declared in the 1920s, "Our plan is - we are going to conquer America."
SUCH HOPES have become more commonplace in recent years. Some examples, as articulated by leading figures:
Omar Abdel Rahman, the blind sheikh convicted of planning a "day of rage" by blowing up New York buildings and infrastructure, in 1991 called on Muslims to "conquer the land of the infidels."
A native-born American who converted to Islam and helped fight the Soviets in Afghanistan, proclaimed "it is the duty of all Muslims to complete the march of jihad until we reach America and liberate her."
Siraj Wahaj, the first imam to deliver a Muslim prayer for the U.S. House of Representatives, holds if Muslims unite, they could elect their own leader as president; "take my word, if 6-8 million Muslims unite in America, the country will come to us."
Zaid Shakir, formerly the Muslim chaplain at Yale University, believes the Koran "pushes us in the exact opposite direction as the forces...at work in the American political spectrum," and from this argues that Muslims cannot accept the legitimacy of the existing order.
Shamim A. Siddiqi wrote a book on establishing "Islamic rule" in the U.S., with the goal of Muslims creating a strong lobby in Washington for the promotion of Islam...in this country as well as elsewhere in the world."
Some organizations also express a hope one day Muslims will take over the U.S. The International Institute of Islamic Thought in Herndon, Virginia, aims for nothing less than "the Islamization of the humanities and social sciences."
Just one month after the September atrocities, a delegate at the San Jose convention of the American Muslim Alliance, a militant Islamic group, announced: "By the year 2020, we should have an American Muslim President of the U.S."
While there is no reason to suppose the aspiration to replace the U.S. Constitution with Islamic law will succeed, that this goal can be found among fundamentalist Muslims does have a major implication. It means the existing order - religious freedom, secularism, womens rights - can no longer be taken for granted. It needs to be fought for.
Note from Les: Now, we want to make it very plain that we hold no enmity or hatred toward the Muslim people. God died for them as well as for us. But their religion is something for which we hold no love or respect. It is anti-Christian. Witness Indonesia, the largest Muslim nation (population wise) in the world. Note they have murdered pastors and church leaders of any faith besides their own, and burned hundreds of churches. Sudan is another. A good reference to look up for support of this topic is the web site for 'blood of the Martyr's.'
Prophetically, I think the 9/11 disaster pushed the world even closer to the end-time scenario. After the initial shock, the world was immediately brainwashed to accept the fact that terrorists were/are just a fanatic minority fringe of a basically peace loving Muslim religion and it is okay to admire it and embrace it.
Revelation teaches us that a religious leader, the False Prophet, will establish a world-wide religion, through which the Anti-christ will derive control of the masses, which means all the religions of the world (Protestantism, Catholicism, Buddhism, Hinduism, plus you name it) will amalgamate into a one world religion. Consequently, Mohammedanism has to be brought into a good light. As believers, our blessed hope is that we will be caught up before all of this is consummated. Never forget the words of our Lord in John 14;6: "I am the way, the truth and the light. No man cometh to the Father but by me.
Seminar Video Note: We still have the 3 seminar videos available - each tape is 6 hours, with one covering the book of Acts ($10.00), one covering prophecy ($10.00), and the final tape, which is a professionally done Bible overview ($30.00). This last video covers Genesis to Revelation.
The newsletters that are sent to reader's by regular mail always contain the upcoming seminar schedule, the TV and radio schedule, the class schedule, and the ministry's contact information. But on this web site, all of this information is kept current on their own pages at these four links. To avoid confusion, the older information that is less up to date has been removed from the newsletters that are placed on-line.
Back to contents page